In this hi-tech arena, there are a large number of email applications to share emails, text, meetings, etc. Each email client has its own format to save crucial data. MBOX is one such format, which supports different email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Eudora. Every mail client is supported in a different file format to save their data locally. So, in that case, users are unable to access .mbox files on another email client which is not supported the MBOX file extension. Thus, to access their data elsewhere users have to convert MBOX files into any format that can be easily moved across the system. Further, when it comes to data portability, the most suitable file format to be used is Outlook PST. Thus, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss a manual procedure to let users understand how to import MBOX to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 versions.
Why Users Choose MS Outlook over Other Email Client?
With the increasing popularity of MS Outlook, the most common scenario is how to migrate .mbox files to Outlook. Even after MBOX is a flexible format and compatible with all email clients, users search for a solution to convert MBOX to PST as it offers so many attractive features and PST is a secure way to save essential data. Besides this, there are a few reasons why users need to switch towards the Outlook application.
- MBOX file includes only emails in order while MS Outlook, users can save mails, contacts, calendars, notes, etc.
- No need to have an internet connection to access already downloaded emails and also users can work offline with the help of MS Outlook.
- Microsoft Outlook is safe & secure provides multiple security options & it supports 96 languages.
Manual Ways to Migrate & Import MBOX to Outlook
Go through the following methods that will help to export MBOX to Outlook easily. Now, some of the manual ways, which are discussed below:
Method 1: Migrate Mailbox Data into MBOX via Apple Mail
- Open Apple Mail, select File menu and then, Import Mailboxes.
- From Import dialog box, you can choose File in MBOX format. Press Continue
- Go to the desired location where .mbox files are stored and choose it for importing
- At last, hit on Done when the import process finishes
Method 2: Transfer Entire Data into MBOX Using Eudora
- Ensure that MBOX file named by .mbx extension. If not, then rename it so
- Shift this to the “Eudora Directory”. Default path of the file is “C: Documents and Settings<user>Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora”.
- Now, you can launch Eudora and open .mbox file by double clicking on it.
- Finally, you can exit Eudora
Method 3: Export Eudora Email to Outlook Express
- Install Outlook Express application.
- Select File menu, click Import and then Messages.
- Now, opt Eudora from the list of mail applications and click Next
- Here browse the path to choose the .mbx file and press OK
- At last, go to Next button, click Next and then Finish button
Method 4: Migrate Files From OE to MS Outlook
- Download and Install MS Outlook Application.
- Select File, click Open and then Import option
- From Import and Export Wizard, you can choose Import Internet Mail and Addresses
- After that, click Next button and choose Outlook Express option
- Next, check the Import Mail option and click Next button
- Finally, select Finish.
Drawbacks of the Manual Approaches convert MBOX to Outlook PST
There are some drawbacks while implementing the manual approach that is listed below. Let us have a look:
- Eudora and Apple Mail support Mac platform, but both mail clients does not support Windows.
- All these manual procedures are very lengthy and time consuming.
- A wrong step that can cause data to become corrupt or inaccessible
Reliable Solution to Migrate & Import MBOX Files to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003
Well, to overcome the above-stated limitations of the manual approach, users can go for an automated tool. One such application is DataHelp MBOX to Outlook PST converter, which allows converting MBOX to PST format in bulk which is acceptable into Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003. This software has a simple and understandable user interface that even a novice user can use without taking external help. Some of the advanced features of the tool are listed below just have a look:
- Allows to Import multiple MBOX file to PST format
- Ability to perform selective conversion from MBOX
- Provide an Option to drag & drop multiple MBOX files
- Option to create single or multiple Outlook PST file
- Maintains the data integrity throughout the import MBOX to Outlook process
Email clients are playing a crucial role in normal users or in professional users’ life. It is a well-organized way by which users can be connected with each other. Therefore, many users switch towards the most popular email client named as MS Outlook. In this blog, we have discussed all manual methods to import MBOX files to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & 2003. But manual methods have some drawbacks. Thus, we have suggested a reliable automated converter tool. It is the best application, which allows transferring data from MBOX to Outlook effectively.